Colo Cancellation Policy
This cancellation policy aims to balance the interests of both hosts and guests, in line with New Zealand’s Fair Trading Act 1986 and Consumer Guarantees Act 1993. Colo and our hosts generally operate under a flexible cancellation policy, acknowledging the dynamic needs of contemporary businesses. The following terms apply:
Cancellation by Guests:
- Full Refund: Guests are entitled to a full refund if the cancellation is made at least 24 hours prior to the check-in time.
- Partial Refund for Multi-day Bookings: If a guest cancels midway through a multi-day booking, they will be refunded 75% of the total cost for the remaining days.
Abuse of Cancellation Policy:
We do not tolerate any abuse of this cancellation policy. Abuse may include, but is not limited to:
- Booking spaces without the genuine intention of using them, commonly known as “desk blocking.”
- Booking long-term licences with the intention of using them only for short periods.
- Repeated booking and cancellations to exploit the system.
If you suspect that a guest or host is abusing the cancellation policy, please report the matter to email@example.com as soon as reasonably possible.
Consequences of Policy Abuse:
In accordance with New Zealand law, the following actions may be taken against those found to be abusing the cancellation policy:
- Immediate banning of the guest or host from the Colo platform.
- Legal action for damages, as outlined in our Terms and Conditions.